Dried flat belly or pancetta
Price per Kg: 39€67/Kg
Ventrêche is an artisanal product made from dried pork belly. It is salted and dried with a unique know-how, which gives it an incomparable texture and flavor. The dried pork belly is a superior quality product that will allow you to taste unique and delicious recipes.
Ventrèche is also known as pancetta and is a great addition to any meal.
What is the belly?
Ventrèche or pancetta is a type of salted and dried pork meat originating in Italy. It is made from pork belly or breast, usually using lean and fat parts of the belly. The meat is salted and often flavored with spices, then left to dry for several weeks or months.
Origin of the belly
The origin of the ventrèche dates back to Roman antiquity. The technique of salting and drying pork was a common method used to preserve meat over a long period, especially during sea voyages. This method is said to have been perfected by the Italians over the centuries, especially in the regions of Tuscany and Umbria.
Ventrèche is also a popular culinary specialty in other Mediterranean countries such as Spain (where it is called "pancetta") and France (where it is called "chest roulée"). It has gained popularity and spread all over the world thanks to Italian gastronomy, especially due to its use in the preparation of pasta dishes and various cold cuts.
A unique taste
The belly has a rich and intense flavor, with a balance between saltiness, fat and slightly smoky notes. The fat present in the belly melts during cooking, which gives it a tender and juicy texture. The taste of the belly varies according to its quality, the method of production and the spices used during the salting. Some ventrèches may have hints of garlic, pepper, rosemary or other aromatic spices.
It brings an explosion of flavors to the dishes to which it is added. Its salty and savory taste goes perfectly with pasta, risottos, soups and sauces. When eaten alone, the belly has a crunchy texture on the outside and melting on the inside, offering an intense and delicious culinary experience.
The belly, flat or rolled, is a very versatile product that can be used to create an infinite number of delicious dishes, so don't wait any longer to buy your belly online at Directos. had!
Final product weight may vary.
Delivery all over Europe
at low price
Same day shipping
for all orders before 11am
94% of our customers ask for more!
- 350g spaghetti
- 150 g of belly or pancetta, diced
- 3 egg yolks
- 50 g grated pecorino (or parmesan)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- Boil a large pot of salted water and cook the spaghetti according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving a little cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat and fry the diced ventrèche or pancetta until crisp and lightly browned. Remove them from the pan and drain them on paper towels to remove excess fat.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with the grated pecorino. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- When the pasta is cooked, add it to the pan with the crispy belly or pancetta. Add the egg and shredded cheese mixture over the hot pasta, stirring quickly so that the heat of the pasta cooks the eggs and coats them.
- Add a little of the reserved cooking water to obtain a creamy consistency and mix well.
- Serve the spaghetti carbonara immediately on warm plates. You can garnish them with chopped fresh parsley if you wish.
This classic Italian spaghetti carbonara recipe brings out the flavor of ventrèche or pancetta perfectly, bringing a salty, smoky and rich flavor to your favorite pasta dish!
Ventrêche is an artisanal product made from dried pork belly